Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Jerrold Hennes to see if Invisalign in Vista, California, is the right choice.
Invisalign can be used to fix a wide variety of alignment issues, including:
– Gapped teeth: Gaps and spaces between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth. This is caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: In an open bite, some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This can be caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit as they should. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if they are not treated.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may happen if both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
To learn more and to schedule an appointment with our orthodontist, we welcome you to call Hennes Orthodontics today.