Is it important to seek treatment for malocclusions? Malocclusions, also commonly referred to as “bad bites”, refer to misalignments and location irregularities with your teeth and jaws. Malocclusions can be caused by a multitude of factors, many of which are out of your control. For all the distinct types and styles of common bad bites that may be affecting your smile, see the list below:
– Transposition malocclusions happen when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
– Spacing malocclusions happen to occur with overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Rotation malocclusions happen when your teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Open Bites happen when you have disconnected upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, happen when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Misplaces midlines happen when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Crossbites happen when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, happen when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
If you would like to schedule an orthodontic treatment with Hennes Orthodontics, simply call our office at (760) 598.1707 for an appointment in Vista, California. Dr. Jerrold Hennes and the rest of our team look forward to helping straighten your smile to give you the healthy, confident smile you deserve!